This 16mm film workshop course explores the world of celluloid, focusing on preproduction and production processing of 16mm filmmaking. Learn the basics of shooting on 16mm film with an Aaton XTR Prod camera. As well as including light metering and exposure skills, film stock knowledge and 16mm film strip and camera anatomy.
WHAT YOU LEARN
Students will discover the exciting possibilities of 16mm filmmaking and will shoot their own 100 foot rolls of 16mm film. This is a unique opportunity, designed for image makers of all levels, including digital filmmakers, beginning filmmakers, photographers or anyone curious about experiencing 16mm filmmaking. Class tuition covers all equipment, film and film processing used in this class.
5 NIGHTS / SUNDAY & WEDNESDAY
- Introduction to 16mm Film - Why Film? / Light Metering / Film Stocks
- Building The Camera - Proper Setup / Loading Mags / Practical Problem Solving
- Shooting & Lighting - Necessary Knowledge / Exposing / Focus / Changing Mags
- Processing & Post Workflow - Film Processing / Telecine / Editing
- Mastering The Craft - Advanced Technique
LEARN THE BASICS | SHOOT YOUR FILM | PROCESS IT
PRICING | $250
The materials for this course are all inclusive. Camera, Film Stock, Processing Fees, Lab Time and Telecine are all apart of this. You also get to walk away with a finished 3 minute film that YOU make.
Signing up is FREE. If interested please sign up to receive updates on time and more specific details. This class will only have 10 seats available.
FILMED ACADEMY OF THE ARTS